Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Sutil Violento

I enjoy when I go to museums, because is very interesting to know new artist and their work. Last week, I went to Bellas Artes Museum and I saw an exhibition that I like very much. This art exhibition called Sutil Violento, it was very particular. Many artist exhibit their work about the violence that Latin America has suffer. The artist were 16 photographers of many countries of Latin America. The photographers work showed the reasons and consequences about the violence in L.A, violence provoked by the governments of the countries. They showed too, about poverty, colonialism, mass-production, consumerism, deculturación, social differences, intolerance, frustration, melancholy, and more. The authors that exhibit their art in the museum were: Ananke Assef, Eduardo Gil, Marcos López, RES (Argentina) André Cypriano, Júlio Bittencourt, Miguel Rio Branco (Brasil), Pablo Rivera (Chile), René Pena (Cuba) Rodolfo Walsh (Salvador), Daniela Edburg, Maya Goded (México) Rachelle Mozman (Panamá) Fredi Casco (Paraguay) Milagros de la Torre (Perú) Nelson Garrido (Venezuela).

Since I was a baby, I go to museums, because my mother is an artist...and I go with her. Is the moment when we both spend time together and talk about life. For me it´s very important this activity in my life, I can think, enjoy and more...

1 comment:

Juan Luzzi said...

Daniela,
I know you were in a bit of a hurry when you wrote this, so your work needs some more editing. I’d like you to have a look at the words in parentheses. Can you correct them? Pay attention to:
-singular and plural nouns. Ex. artist / artists
- verbs: should you use present (I go/play) , past (I went, played), past participle?
- ‘it’: when should you use it? When is it unnecessary?

JL

I enjoy when I go to museums, because (is) very interesting to know ABOUT new (artist) and their work. Last week, I went to Bellas Artes Museum and I saw an exhibition that I (like) very much. This art exhibition called Sutil Violento, (“it”: Do we need this pronoun here?) ) was very particular. Many (artist( (exhibit) their work about the violence that Latin America has (suffer). The( artist) were 16 photographers FROM many countries IN Latin America. The photographers’ work showed the reasons and consequences about the violence in L.A, violence provoked by the governments of the countries. They showed ,too, (WHAT DID THEY SHOW, paintings, photos, sculptures?) about poverty, colonialism, mass-production, consumerism, deculturación, social differences, intolerance, frustration, melancholy, and more. The authors that (exhibit) their art in the museum were: Ananke Assef, Eduardo Gil, Marcos López, RES (Argentina) André Cypriano, Júlio Bittencourt, Miguel Rio Branco (Brasil), Pablo Rivera (Chile), René Pena (Cuba) Rodolfo Walsh (Salvador), Daniela Edburg, Maya Goded (México) Rachelle Mozman (Panamá) Fredi Casco (Paraguay) Milagros de la Torre (Perú) Nelson Garrido (Venezuela).

Since I was a baby, I’VE VISITED museums, because my mother is an artist (...and -CAN YOU USE A DIFFERENT LINKING WORD? )I go with her. (Is) the moment when we both spend time together and talk about life. For me this activity in my life is very important, I can think, enjoy and more...